Notes to the consolidated financial statements

(XLS:) Download Excel

Subsidiaries based in the United Kingdom1

Type of business

Percentage of
equity attributable to Tate & Lyle PLC

1

Registered in England and Wales, except United Molasses (Ireland) Limited, which is registered in Northern Ireland and Tate & Lyle LLC which is registered in Delaware, USA.

2

The Group holds 95% of the issued capital of Hahn and has the right to acquire the remaining 5% through put and call options. However due to the structure of the acquisition agreement, the Group effectively bears all the risks and rewards for 100% of the business and therefore no minority interest is recognised.

3

Direct subsidiaries of Tate & Lyle PLC.

4

Non-coterminous year end.

G.C. Hahn & Co. Limited2

Blending

100

Molasses Trading Company Limited

Holding company

100

Tate & Lyle Holdings Limited3

Holding company

100

Tate & Lyle Industries Limited

See below

100

Tate & Lyle International Finance PLC3

In-house treasury company

100

Tate & Lyle Investments Limited3

Holding company

100

Tate & Lyle Investments (Gulf States) Limited

Holding company

100

Tate & Lyle LLC

Holding company

100

United Molasses (Ireland) Limited4

Molasses

50

(XLS:) Download Excel

Main operating units of Tate & Lyle Industries Limited

Type of business

Tate & Lyle Sugars, Europe

Sugar refining

Tate & Lyle Molasses and Storage

Molasses and bulk liquid storage

(XLS:) Download Excel

Subsidiaries operating overseas

 

 

Country of incorporation or registration

Company

Type of business

Percentage of
equity attributable to Tate & Lyle PLC

1

Non-coterminous year-end.

2

The Group holds 95% of the issued capital of Hahn and has the right to acquire the remaining 5% through put and call options. However due to the structure of the acquisition agreement, the Group effectively bears all the risks and rewards for 100% of the business and therefore no minority interest is recognised.

Argentina

Tate & Lyle Argentina SA

Cereal sweeteners & starches,
Sucralose distribution

100

Australia

G.C. Hahn & Co. (Australia) Pty. Ltd.2

Blending

100

 

Tate & Lyle ANZ Pty

Sucralose distribution

100

Belgium

Tate & Lyle Molasses Belgium NV

Molasses

100

 

Tate & Lyle Services Belgium NV

Holding company

100

Bermuda

Tate & Lyle Management & Finance Limited

Management & finance

100

Brazil

Tate & Lyle Brasil do SA1

Citric acid, Sucralose distribution

100

British Virgin Islands

Anglo Vietnam Sugar Investments Limited

Holding company

75

Chile

Tate & Lyle Chile Commercial Ltda

Cereal sweeteners & starches,
Sucralose distribution

100

China

Tate & Lyle Trading (Shanghai) Limited

Sucralose distribution

100

France

France Melasse SA1

Molasses

66.6

 

Société Européenne des Mélasses SA1

Holding company

66.6

Germany

Tate & Lyle Molasses Germany GmbH

Molasses

100

 

G.C. Hahn & Co. Stabilisierungstechnik GmbH2

Blending

100

 

Cesalpinia Germany GmbH

Blending

100

Gibraltar

Tate & Lyle Insurance (Gilbraltar) Limited

Reinsurance

100

Hong Kong

Tate & Lyle Asia Limited

Sucralose distribution

100

Italy

Tate & Lyle Molasses Italy SrL

Molasses

-

 

Tate & Lyle Italia Spa

Blending

100

Israel

Tate & Lyle Gadot Manufacturing

Sugar refining

65

 

Tate & Lyle Israel Limited

Sugar trading

100

Mauritius

The Mauritius Molasses Company Limited

Molasses

66.7

Mexico

Continental Colloids Mexicana SA

Blending

100

 

Mexama SA de CV

Citric acid

65

 

Tate & Lyle Mexico SA de CV

Holding company

100

Morocco

Tate & Lyle Morocco SA

Cereal sweeteners & starches

100

Mozambique

Companhia Exportadora de Melaços

Molasses

100

Netherlands

Tate & Lyle Biomaterials BV

Bio-development

100

 

Tate & Lyle Molasses Holland BV

Molasses

100

 

Tate & Lyle Holland BV

Holding company

100

 

Tate & Lyle Netherlands BV

Cereal sweetners & starches,
Sucralose distribution

100

 

Nederlandse Glucose Industrie BV

Holding company

100

Norway

Tate & Lyle Norge A/S

Sugar distribution

100

Portugal

Alcântara Empreendimentos SGPS, SA1

Holding company

100

 

Tate & Lyle Açucares Portugal, SA1

Sugar refining

100

 

Tate & Lyle Molasses Portugal Ltda

Molasses

100

Singapore

Tate & Lyle Singapore Pte Ltd

High Intensity sweeteners

100

South Africa

Tate & Lyle South Africa (Pty) Limited

Blending

100

Spain

Tate & Lyle Molasses Spain SA

Molasses

100

Trinidad

Caribbean Bulk Storage and Trading Company Limited1

Molasses

100

USA

Staley Holdings Inc

Holding company

100

 

Tate & Lyle Custom Ingredients LLC

Blending

100

 

Tate & Lyle Finance Inc

In-house banking

100

 

TLHUS, Inc

Holding company

100

 

Tate & Lyle Ingredients Americas, Inc

Cereal sweeteners & starches

100

 

Tate & Lyle Sucralose Inc

High intensity sweeteners

100

 

TLI Holding Inc

In-house banking

100

Vietnam

Nghe An Tate & Lyle Sugar Company Limited

Cane sugar manufacture

(80.9)     60.7

(XLS:) Download Excel

Joint ventures

 

 

 

Country of incorporation or registration

Company

Type of business

Percentage of
equity attributable to Tate & Lyle PLC

1

Share capital held by Eaststarch CV

2

Non-coterminous year-end.

Bulgaria

Amylum Bulgaria EAD1,2

Cereal sweeteners & starches

(100)     50

Columbia

Sucromiles SA2

Citric acid

50

Hungary

Hungrana Kft1,2

Cereal sweeteners & starches

(50)     25

Ireland

Premier Molasses Company Limited2

Molasses

50

Mexico

Almidones Mexicanos SA2

Cereal sweeteners & starches

50

Netherlands

Eaststarch CV

Holding company

50

Slovakia

Amylum Slovakia spol sro1

Cereal sweeteners & starches

(100)     50

Spain

Compania de Melazes SA2

Molasses

50

Turkey

Amylum Nisasta AS1

Cereal sweeteners & starches

(100)     50

USA

DuPont Tate & Lyle Bio Products Company LLC

Industrial ingredients

50

(XLS:) Download Excel

Associates

 

 

 

Country of incorporation or registration

Company

Type of business

Percentage of
equity attributable to Tate & Lyle PLC

1

Non-coterminous year-end.

Italy

Eridania Tate & Lyle Spa

Sugars

35

Philippines

Tate & Lyle Philippine Inc

Molasses

40

Thailand

Tapioca Development Corporation

Starch production

33.3

The proportion of shares held by Tate & Lyle PLC, its subsidiaries, joint ventures and associates is shown in brackets where it is different from the percentage of equity attributable to Tate & Lyle PLC.

Those entities which have non-coterminous year ends are consolidated in the Group accounts using management accounts for the period to 31 March.