Notes to the consolidated financial statements

(XLS:) Download Excel

Subsidiaries based in the United Kingdom1

Type of business

Percentage of
equity attributable to Tate & Lyle PLC

1

Registered in England and Wales, except Tate & Lyle LLC which is registered in Delaware, USA.

2

The Group holds 95% of the issued capital of Hahn and has the right to acquire the remaining 5% through put and call options. However due to the structure of the acquisition agreement, the Group effectively bears all the risks and rewards for 100% of the business and therefore no minority interest is recognised.

3

Direct subsidiaries of Tate & Lyle PLC.

G.C. Hahn & Co. Limited2

Blending

100

Tate & Lyle Holdings Limited3

Holding company

100

Tate & Lyle Industries Limited

Holding company

100

Tate & Lyle International Finance PLC3

In-house treasury company

100

Tate & Lyle Investments Limited3

Holding company

100

Tate & Lyle LLC

Holding company

100

(XLS:) Download Excel

Subsidiaries operating overseas

 

 

Country of incorporation or registration

Company

Type of business

Percentage of
equity attributable to Tate & Lyle PLC

1

Non-coterminous year-end.

2

The Group holds 95% of the issued capital of Hahn and has the right to acquire the remaining 5% through a call option. However due to the structure of the acquisition agreement, the Group effectively bears all the risks and rewards for 100% of the business and therefore no minority interest is recognised.

Argentina

Tate & Lyle Argentina SA

Cereal sweeteners & starches, Sucralose distribution

100

Australia

Tate & Lyle ANZ Pty Limited2

Sucralose distribution and blending

100

Belgium

Tate & Lyle Services Belgium NV

Holding company

100

Bermuda

Tate & Lyle Management & Finance Limited

Management & finance

100

Brazil

Tate & Lyle Brasil do SA1

Citric acid, Sucralose distribution

100

 

G.C. Hahn & Co. Estabilizantes e Tecnologia para Alimentos Ltda.2

Blending

100

Chile

Tate & Lyle Chile Commercial Ltda

Cereal sweeteners & starches, Sucralose distribution

100

China

Tate & Lyle Trading (Shanghai) Limited

Sucralose distribution

100

 

G.C. Hahn & Co. Food Stabilizer Business (Shanghai) Ltd.2

Blending

100

Croatia

G.C. Hahn & Co. d.o.o.2

Blending

100

Czech Republic

G.C. Hahn & Co. Stabilizacni technika s.r.o.2

Blending

100

France

G.C. Hahn & Cie. S.A.R.L.2

Blending

100

Germany

G.C. Hahn & Co. Stabilisierungstechnik GmbH2

Blending

100

 

G.C. Hahn & Co. Cooperationsgeschaft mbH2

Holding company

100

 

Cesalpinia Germany GmbH

Blending

100

Gibraltar

Tate & Lyle Insurance (Gilbraltar) Limited

Reinsurance

100

Hong Kong

Tate & Lyle Asia Limited

Sucralose distribution

100

Hungary

G.C. Hahn & Co. Stabilizalastechnikai Kft2

Blending

100

Italy

Tate & Lyle Italia Spa

Blending

100

Israel

Tate & Lyle Gadot Manufacturing

Sugar refining

65

 

Tate & Lyle Israel Limited

Sugar trading

100

Lithuania

UAB Litauen G.C. Hahn & Co.2

Blending

100

Mexico

Tate & Lyle Mexico S. de R.L.de C.V.

Holding company

100

Morocco

Tate & Lyle Morocco SA

Cereal sweeteners & starches

100

Netherlands

Tate & Lyle Holland BV

Holding company

100

 

Tate & Lyle Netherlands BV

Cereal sweeteners & starches, Sucralose distribution

100

 

Nederlandse Glucose Industrie BV

Holding company

100

Poland

G.C. Hahn & Co. Technika stabilizowania sp.z.o.o.2

Blending

100

Singapore

Tate & Lyle Singapore Pte Ltd

High-intensity sweeteners

100

South Africa

Tate & Lyle South Africa (Pty) Limited

Blending

100

Spain

G.C. Hahn Estabilizantes y Tecnologia para Alimentos2

Blending

100

Ukraine

G.C. Hahn2

Blending

100

USA

Staley Holdings LLC

Holding company

100

 

Tate & Lyle Custom Ingredients LLC

Blending

100

 

Tate & Lyle Finance LLC

In-house banking

100

 

TLHUS, Inc

Holding company

100

 

Tate & Lyle Ingredients Americas, LLC

Cereal sweeteners & starches

100

 

Tate & Lyle Sucralose LLC

High-intensity sweeteners

100

 

TLI Holding LLC

In-house banking

100

(XLS:) Download Excel

Joint ventures

 

 

 

Country of incorporation or registration

Company

Type of business

Percentage of
equity attributable to Tate & Lyle PLC

1

Share capital held by Eaststarch CV

2

Non-coterminous year-end.

Bulgaria

Amylum Bulgaria EAD1,2

Cereal sweeteners & starches

(100)    50

Columbia

Sucromiles SA2

Citric acid

50

Hungary

Hungrana Kft1,2

Cereal sweeteners & starches

(50)    25

Mexico

Almidones Mexicanos SA2

Cereal sweeteners & starches

50

Netherlands

Eaststarch CV

Holding company

50

Slovakia

Amylum Slovakia spol sro1

Cereal sweeteners & starches

(100)    50

Turkey

Amylum Nisasta AS1

Cereal sweeteners & starches

(100)    50

USA

DuPont Tate & Lyle Bio Products Company LLC

Industrial ingredients

50

(XLS:) Download Excel

Associates

 

 

 

Country of incorporation or registration

Company

Type of business

Percentage of
equity attributable to Tate & Lyle PLC

1

Indirect associates of Tate & Lyle PLC.

Thailand

Tapioca Development Corporation1

Starch production

33.3

The proportion of shares held by Tate & Lyle PLC, its subsidiaries, joint ventures and associates is shown in brackets where it is different from the percentage of equity attributable to Tate & Lyle PLC.

Those entities which have non-coterminous year ends are consolidated in the Group financial statements using management accounts for the period to 31 March.